Spiceworks v4.6.48961 released
Spiceworks is the complete network management & monitoring, helpdesk, PC inventory & software reporting solution to manage Everything IT in small and medium businesses.
- Spiceworks Lets You...
- Inventory Your Network & PCs
- Monitor & Manage Your Network
- Manage Your IT Assets
- Manage Changes & Configurations
- Map Your NetworkBETA
- Audit Your Software
- Troubleshoot Your Network
- Run an IT Help Desk
- Be an MSP
- Talk to IT Pros Like You
- Spiceworks IT Desktop is designed for
- IT Pros who have admin rights on their network.
- Organizations with less than 500 devices on their network. It will work with more but it won’t be as fast.
- Running on a PC. It discovers Windows, OS X, Linux and Unix but you need to run it from a PC on your network.
- System Requirements
- Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 Server SP1, SP2 and R2, & Windows 2008 Server
- 1.0 GHz Pentium III class processor
- 1.0 GB RAM
- Browser Requirements
- Firefox 2.0 - 3.5
- Internet Explorer 7.0 - 8.0
Update 2 (3/21/10):
A new build (4.6.48961) is now available. The release includes the following fixes:
- Microsoft Exchange Widget was not always displaying the new mailbox counter values - fixed
- Fluid (widescreen) layout combined with a narrow layout causes display problems - fixed
- The old record cleanup process takes a long time and/or causes Spiceworks to hang - fixed
- NoMethodError when deleting activities for a type that has no activity - fixed
- Deleting activities returns invalid activity count - fixed
- Slow performance when multiple tabs are open - fixed
Update 1 (3/15/10):
Note: A new build (4.6.48797) is now available. The release includes the following change and fix:
- Helpdesk: Some tickets are muted after upgrade - fixed
- Give users an option to unmute all currently muted tickets
Read the full list of updates: here