SSA Security System Analyzer version 1.5.2 released
SSA (Security System Analyzer) is a non-intrusive OVAL-Compatible policy compliance and vulnerability assessment software. It provides auditors and security officers a comprehensive solution to keep pace with security compliance requirements (patch management, vulnerability management, software inventories...)
- Based on OVAL 5.3 build 20 (see OVAL project for more information)
- SSA now supports SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol). The XML SCAP files are extracted using our new SCAP Parser (SCAP_Patch_Extractor). The coming release of SSA should be completely compatible with XCCDF.
- SSA now supports scan for missed patches (using SCAP format)
- Added Windows XP Patches definition file
- Added Windows Vista Patches definition file
- Added Windows 2000 Patches definition file
- Added Office 2007 Patches definition file
- Added Internet explorer 7 patches definition file
- Updated OVAL XML Viewer Plugin
- Updated database to 2039 definitions
- Added support to CVE search (ex: CVE-2007-* will return all CVEs in 2007 used along with their appropriate OVALids.)
- Bugs fixed
Documentation should be available by the end of the week.
Any suggestions, please report it to email@example.com.