HaraldScan v0.401 released
The scanner will be able to determine Major and Minor device class of device, as well as attempt to resolve the device’s MAC address to the largest known Bluetooth MAC address Vendor list.
The goal of this project is to obtain as many MAC addresses mapped to device vendors as possible.
There is no difference between 0.401 and 0.4 except it has been packaged properly.
- Harald Scan is now distributed in either source code or dist
- Harald Scan is still distributed by means of source code
- CLI has added a Number of devices discovered by duration (default is 15 mins)
- The duration for above is configurable through -t TIME
- You can choose either a in memory database or a file database
- Option to disable services scans entirely even if MAC is ’Unknown’
- Option to disable writing devices to a text file
- ability to check Harald Scan version with —version
- Added -f for flushing a large database to another db file. Typical usage would be with a large in memory database.
- Harald Scan will write to a file every time unless —no-write is specified
- Changed argument handling to optparse much better now
- Uses sqlite3 module instead of pysqlite2 (I didn’t realize it was there :S)
- A bunch don’t remember though
How to Install
- Unpack to a directory
- Run python haraldscan.py -b to build database
- python haradscan.py [Options] to run Harald Scan.
More information here