Nikto updated to v2.03
Nikto is an Open Source (GPL) web server scanner which performs comprehensive tests against web servers for multiple items, including over 3300 potentially dangerous files/CGIs, versions on over 625 servers, and version specific problems on over 230 servers. Scan items and plugins are frequently updated and can be automatically updated
Major changes :
- Nikto can now take greppable nmap input directly on the command line.
- Nikto can take a range of ports (e.g. 80-82).
- Ports that are not open are now reported.
- Nikto can now read hosts from stdin, by specifying "-host -".
- HTML and XML reports don’t produce duplicates.
- Allow multiple HTTP methods to work out whether the server is HTTP or not.
- Fix for a nasty bug where defined variables (e.g. cgi-bin directories) are not read properly.
- Updates to allow HTML output to validate properly as XHTML.