OpenSCAP v0.5.7 released
The OpenSCAP Project was created to provide an open-source framework to the community which enables integration with the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) suite of standards and capabilities.
It is the goal of OpenSCAP to provide a simple, easy to use set of interfaces to serve as the framework for community use of SCAP.
- Debian dpkginfo probe is available now
- RHEL5 support
- new command line tool - OVAL scanner
- Fedora 12 OVAL content available
- documentation is heavily updated (with class diagrams)
- new tests in make check
- minor API changes
- C++ reserved names cleanup
- tons of fixes
More information about SCAP can be found at nvd.nist.gov.