Lansweeper v4.0 released
Lansweeper is an automated network discovery and asset management tool which scans all your computers and devices and displays them in an easy accessible web interface.
There is no need to install any agents on the computers, all scanning is done by standard build-in functionality.
Version 4.0 updates and bug fixes:
Service version 18.104.22.168
- Scheduled adsi or computer scanning keeps on running after the specified schedule.
- If you enable "refresh active directory users at night" you can lock out user accounts.
- a disconnect of lsclient causes the webserver http://127.0.0.1:9524 to crash
- service crashes with error "Attempted to read or write protected memory."
- set computers to non-active if not seen in the last X days is not always triggered.
- Optimized Device scanning processor time.
- Samba domain usernames are not gathered.
Website version 4003
- Freeware version can now search for usernames and see the last logged on computer.
- Diskspace usage is now shown on the action screen.
- User actions for usernames with commas don’t work.
- Recent changes softwareNA doesn’t display computer name.
Lsmanage.exe version 22.214.171.124
- #Purchased and #Price gets reset to the default values when you add new software to license management.
- Error: 00:00:00 in not a valid time
- Error: Unable to save IP range scanning schedule
Version 4.0 changes (major update):
All versions (including freeware):
- Completely new intuitive web interface
- Over 200 standard reports included
- Powersearch bar (search everything from one place)
- Scanning of enclosure bays (chassis)
- Multiple software license enhancements
- Full unicode support
- Rewritten scan engine and optimized database
- Multiple report alert pages and customisation
- Optional "-1" value for waittime to completely disable scanning of an item.
- Option to change the display name of the custom fields (custom1,custom2,...)
- Governer that kills long running and locked up scanning threads
- New option for lsclient /scanonip to support vpn users
- New installer that supports IIS and Lansweeper build-in webserver.
- Integrated google software search
- Numerous small enhancements and bug fixes
- Device scanning: discover routers, printers, linux, switches, ... (snmp, ssh, http, ...)
- Windows eventlog error scanning and alert mailing
- Hardware and software change detection + history timeline
- Scheduled IP range scanning
- Alert report mailing (selected reports and alerts can be automatically mailed to configurable groups)
- Export reports to excel,csv and xml from the web interface
- Product key scanning now supports Microsoft,Adobe and plain text keys. (300+ software key locations included)
- Computer attached monitor scanning (model,manufacturer,serial number)
- Linux harddisk usage scanning
- OU scanning for active directory users
- Enhanced active directory integration
- Active directory cleanup actions
- Schedule scanning of computers and ADSI paths
- Custom user actions (reset password, unlock account,...)
- Support for multiple scanning servers with different configurations
- Windows 2003, 2008, XP, Vista, 7 (Windows server recommended)
- Dotnet framework 2.0 or higher
- SQL server 2000 or higher or SQLexpress (free)
- Windows 2000 or higher
More information: here