OpenSCAP v0.5.9 released
The OpenSCAP Project was created to provide an open-source framework to the community which enables integration with the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) suite of standards and capabilities.
It is the goal of OpenSCAP to provide a simple, easy to use set of interfaces to serve as the framework for community use of SCAP.
- built on windows (without probe support)
- better support on RHEL5
- OVAL model validation functionality
- OVAL, XCCDF xml file validation functionality
- update XCDDF model manipulation functions
- introduction of XCCDF_POLICY tailoring interface
- new probes: filemd5, filehash
- removed libnl dependency
- extended and improved library selfcheck
- alternative solution to atomic functions based on mutex
- important fixes
More information: here