OVAL Interpreter v5.6.3 released
Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL) is an international, information security, community standard to promote open and publicly available security content, and to standardize the transfer of this information across the entire spectrum of security tools and services.
The OVAL Interpreter is a freely available reference implementation that demonstrates the evaluation of OVAL Definitions. Based on a set of Definitions the interpreter collects system information, evaluates it, and generates a detailed OVAL Results file.
The OVAL Interpreter has been updated to Version 5.6, Build 3.
Specific updates to the OVAL Interpreter included correcting some minor bugs.
Version 5.6 build 3
- Added support for the win-def:group_sid_test.
- Fixed a bug in the ProcessProbe::GetAllProcesses() method that was causing the Process32First() API call to fail.
- Added support for ind-def:textfilecontent54_test
- Added support for unix-def:shadow_test
- Added support for oval-def:regex_capture
- Fixed a bug in the AbsEffectiveRightsProbe::GetTrusteesForWindowsObject() method that was causing the owner and primary group trustees to be added as trustee SIDs when they should have been added as trustee names.
- Added support for the win-def:fileauditedpermissions_test.
- Added support for the win-def:fileauditedpermissions53_test.
- Added support for the win-def:regkeyauditedpermissions_test.
- Added support for the win-def:regkeyauditedpermissions53_test.
- Fixed a bug in REGEX.cpp so that it supports the ’|’ regular expression meta-character.