Hyena v8.0 32-bit & 64-bit released
Hyena is a tool for day-to-day administration of Windows NT and Windows XP/2000/2003 systems. Now Windows 7 too.
Hyena brings together all of the administrative tools from Windows NT such as User Manager, Server Manager, and File Manager/Explorer, and many of the MMC components from Windows 2000/2003 into a single, easy-to-use, centralized program. Hyena arranges all system objects, such as users, servers, and groups, in a hierarchical tree for easy and logical system administration.
Here’s a sample of just a few of Hyena’s functions:
- Create, modify, delete, and view users, groups, and group membership.
- Modify single or multiple user properties, including terminal server and Exchange mailbox settings.
- Automatically create home directory and home shares for users, including full security configuration.
- Export delimited text files of users, groups, printers, computers, group members, services, scheduled tasks, disk space, registry, and Active Directory information for your entire network.
- Browse all server shares, copy and delete files without drive mappings.
- View events, sessions, shares, processes, and open files for any server.
- View and control services and drivers for one or more computers.
- Manage share and file permissions, including creating new shares and viewing all share access rights at the same time.
- Remotely schedule, delete, and manage jobs for multiple computers at the same time.
- Remotely shutdown and reboot any single or group of computers.
- View remaining disk space for multiple computers at the same time.
Version 8.0 x64
Now Available for the x64 Platform
- Hyena v8.0 is the first release built to support the 64-bit platform. Take advantage of the full potential of the 64-bit processor and Windows 64-bit components, especially for large-scale Active Directory projects.
Support for Windows 2008 Fine-Grained Password Policies
- Windows 2008 introduced a great new feature for creating multiple levels of password policies. Unfortunately, there isn’t any direct GUI interface in Windows to manage these new policies...until now!.
Remote DesktopImproved Remote Desktop Integration
- Hyena can now directly access the built-in Remote Desktop (RD) client without the need for custom tools. Moreover, the options used can be completely customized for any RD configuration.
- Event Time Offsets: Showing events using an offset filter allows an interval of time to be specified instead of a definitive starting and ending time. Offset settings can be aa set internal of days, hours, or minutes.
- Improved Active Directory Attribute Management: The attribute editor of the Manage Directory Attribute function can now be directly accessed for a single attribute for one or more selected objects in any AD query. For example, to modify the logon script of one or more users, execute an AD query that contains the ’scriptPath’ attribute. Select one or more users, then right click somewhere in the column area of the logon script attribute in the right window. The menu option will be titled Modify ’Script’. Hyena will then display the attribute editor and allow updating the logon script attribute.
Additionally, the resulting view from the ’View All Directory Attributes’ function has been improved to also support modification of any attribute displayed.