Process Hacker v1.10 released
Process Hacker is a free and open source process viewer and memory editor with unique features such as powerful process termination and a Regex memory searcher. It can show services, processes and their threads, modules, handles and memory regions.
- .NET tab in process properties - exact copy of Process Explorer’s tab
- Small performance improvements
- #2920711 - "Value was either too large or too small for an Int32."
- #2920734 - "Found a reproducible bug : Value does not fall within..."
- Missing service descriptions in dumps
- Multi-threading issues with highlighting
- Highlighting for incredibly small intervals, ignoring user settings
Key features of Process Hacker
- Viewing, terminating, suspending and resuming processes.
- Restarting processes, creating dump files, detaching from any debuggers, viewing heaps, injecting DLLs, etc.
- Viewing detailed process information, statistics, and performance information.
- Viewing, terminating, suspending and resuming threads.
- Viewing detailed token information (including modifying privileges).
- Viewing and unloading modules.
- Viewing memory regions.
- Viewing environment variables.
- Viewing and closing handles.
- Viewing, controlling and editing services.
- Viewing and closing network connections.
Process Hacker runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, but certain functionality is only available on 32-bit systems, including:
- Bypassing rootkits and security software when accessing processes, threads, and other objects
- Viewing kernel pool limits
- Viewing hidden processes
- Changing handle attributes
- Viewing kernel-mode stack traces
- .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or above, 32-bit or 64-bit. Please note that certain functionality including detection of hidden processes, full control over all processes and the ability to protect/unprotect processes is only available on 32-bit systems.