VoIP Hopper v1.0 released
VoIP Hopper is a GPLv3 licensed security tool, written in C, that rapidly runs a VLAN Hop into the Voice VLAN on specific Ethernet switches. VoIP Hopper does thisby mimicking the behavior ofan IP Phone, in both Cisco and Avaya IP Phoneenvironments. VoIP Hopper is a VLAN Hop test tool but also a tool to test VoIP infrastructure security.
- Nortel Support: VoIP Hopper can now automatically discover the Voice VLAN ID used in Nortel IP Phone networks and VLAN Hop!
- DHCP client: A fully integrated DHCP client! VoIP Hopper now implements DHCP messaging as function calls instead of relying on the old ’dhcpcd’ client. This opens up the door for future VLAN Discovery mechanisms for other vendors, such as Alcatel.
- New CDP mode: A new CDP Spoof mode that uses a pre-constructed IP Phone packet of a Cisco 7971G-GE! Now you can VLAN Hop faster by spoofing CDP and don’t have to construct your own CDP Packet!
- Error correction with VLAN Interfaces: Implemented a feature that checks to see if the IP address is already configured for the voice interface before running the VLAN Hop and DHCP request
- Bug fix 1: Fixed an important libpcap bug with pcap_next_ex read timeout when CDP sniff mode was used (-c 0)