Nessus 3.1.2 and Nessus 3.2 beta released
Nessus is the worldâ€™s most popular vulnerability scanner used in over 75,000 organizations world-wide. Many of the worldâ€™s largest organizations are realizing significant cost savings by using Nessus to audit business-critical enterprise devices and applications.
Tenable released Nessus 3.1.2 for Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris which is a beta version of the upcoming Nessus 3.2.
Nessus 3.2 contains the following new features :
- Experimental IPv6 support
- Improved bandwidth throttling
- Extended nessusd.rules to add support for ports and plugins
- New command ’nessuscmd’ which lets you do a quick command-line scan
- Improved NASL engine
- Easy-update : Nessus can now update its own engine thru the use of a single command (nessus-update)