SpiceWorks 1.6 for inventory and monitoring network devices
Designed, tested and used by 120,000 IT pros in 185 countries. Spiceworks has the everyday IT features:
- Inventory and report on your company’s hardware and software assets automatically.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the hardware and software on your network.
- Run an IT Help Desk for your company that’s easy to use.
Features of SpiceWorks
- Discover the Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs and servers, routers, printers and any other IP-based devices on your network.
- Gather all of their relevant technical data plus the software, patches and services on each machine.
- Add important data such as the number of licenses you have, the purchase price and physical location.
- Keep track of other assets such as mobile phones and even office furniture. All without agents.
- Store all inventory information locally and securely on your network - so there’s no concern about sensitive data flying across the Internet.
- Automatically identify PCs and servers with low disk space, the presence of unwanted software on your network, the status of your anti-virus updates, printers with low toner and ink levels, and offline servers.
- Create monitors for anything else you want to be warned about such as license violations or un-patched machines.
- Receive email alerts about potential issues.
- View all the monitors you care most about in one centralized spot.
Security-Database Opinion :
Very interesting software for creating network devices asset database before scanning or auditing. With the monitor feature, auditors could also track offline systems (while pentesting or scanning).
One more thing, this is a free software.
SpiceWorks has been added to Security-Database Tools Tracker Process.