WatiN v2.0 RC 1 - Web Application Testing in .Net
WatiN (pronounced "what-in") aims to bring you an easy way to automate Web Application Testing in .Net. Inspired by Watir, WatiN has grown into a feature rich and stable framework, offering automation of Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Automates all major HTML elements
- Find elements by multiple attributes
- Supports AJAX website testing
- Supports frames (cross domain) and iframes
- Supports popup dialogs like alert, confirm, login etc..
- Supports HTML dialogs (modal and modeless)
- Provides a Page and Control model.
- Supports creating screenshots of webpages
- Has a basic (extensible) logging mechanism
- Easy to integrate with your favorit (unit) test tool
- Works with Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8 and FireFox 2 and 3
- Developed in C#
- Licensed under the Apache License 2.0
- And since its open source you can add and contribute new features yourself!
Version 2.0 RC 1 (20 December 2009)
This first release candidate concludes the work on WatiN 2.0, changing it into multi browser test framework and offers many new features as well. All WatiN unit tests previously only running tests with IE are now browser agnostic and so verify and enforce the same functional behavior across all browser implementations. Currently the following browsers are supported: IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox 2.x and 3.x.
More Information: here