NetWitness v9.0 released
NetWitness NextGen is a comprehensive network security monitoring solution. Looking for insider threats, data leakage, malware activity, asset misuse, network anomalies, compliance, and network e-discovery.
- NetWitness Identity - provides the ability to easily correlate IP addresses in network sessions to end-user directory credentials â€“ fusing an organizationâ€™s Active Directory to offer a real-time 4-1-1 lookup capability. As a result, security staff can link compromised machines and inappropriate network behavior to a userâ€™s actual identity.
- Support for 802.11 Wireless Capture - initially supported under the portable NextGen Eagle platform, this capability will be available on all NextGen 9.0 capture platforms. This new capability supports WEP in-line decryption, and will support WPA decryption under an upcoming service pack.
- 10 Gbps Network Support - building off of real-world experiences with massive government, commercial and service provider networks, unlike other products in this space, NextGen 9.0 includes support for both capture and real-time analysis on 10 Gbps networks.
- Expanded authentication options - NextGen 9.0 supports Linux PAM, providing pluggable authentication modules that connect the NextGen infrastructure to customer authentication frameworks such as Kerberos for Windows and Unix environments, LDAP, Radius and many others.
- Expanded enterprise management - NextGen 9.0 introduces a new administrative dashboard that enables comprehensive insight into global health across all connected appliances. This includes real-time feedback and charting for all system metrics, and expanded interfaces for managing configuration parameters, rules, alerts, parsers, feeds, and software updates across all devices from a single location.
- Scriptable API - expanded support within the Software Development Kit (SDK) for C, C#, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby and .Net allowing programmers to extend the NextGen infrastructure using almost any popular language.
More information: here