BackTrack v.2 final is released
BackTrack is the result of the merging of two Innovative Penetration Testing live Linux distributions - Whax and Auditor. BackTrack has been dubbed as the best Security Live CD today, and has been rated 1st in its category, and 32nd overall in Insecure.org. Based on SLAX (Slackware), BackTrack provides user modularity. This means the distribution can be easily customised by the user to include personal scripts, additional tools, customised kernels, etc
New exciting features in BackTrack, to mention a few:
- Updated Kernel-Running 2.6.18-rc5, with several patches.
- Updated Tools-Old versions updated, new tools added.
- BackTrack Network Boot-Boot additional BackTrack images over PXE
- John MPI instant Cluster-Boot BackTrack cracking cluster clients over PXE
- Save2CD-Save changes to CD (assuming CD is multi-session, and a CDR).
- Japanese Input Support-Reading and writing in Hiragana / Katakana / Kanji.
- Unionfs replaced-by aufs with zlib compression.
- Kernel Sources-Included in base image.
- Instant Snort Setup-Sets up snort, mysql, apache, base.
- Instant Ninja (db_autopwn) - Deploys Metasploit db_autopwn on the local subnet.
- Instant Unicornscan pgsqldb Setup-Sets up Apache, Pgsql for scan info.
- Kismet auto configuration-Sets up monitor mode and kismet.conf.
- ipw3945/2200/2100 support-no injection patches.
- Prism54 / MadWifi-ng / Wlan-ng / HostAP / rt2570-With injection patches.
- Quick Installation-Using GUI installer, 100% MySlax compatible.