OpenSCAP v0.5.6 released
The OpenSCAP Project was created to provide an open-source framework to the community which enables integration with the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) suite of standards and capabilities.
It is the goal of OpenSCAP to provide a simple, easy to use set of interfaces to serve as the framework for community use of SCAP.
- OVAL API has been extended
- OVAL doxygen documentation is available
- migration to new checking mechanism is completed
- new logging and error propagating mechanism
- many many bugfixes + defensive code
More information about SCAP can be found at nvd.nist.gov.