hostmap v0.2 - hostname discovery tool
hostmap is a free, automatic, hostnames and virtual hosts discovery tool written in Ruby, licensed under GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3). It’s goal is to enumerate all hostnames and configured virtual hosts on an IP address. The primary users of hostmap are professionals performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
hostmap helps you using several techniques to enumerate all the hostnames associated with an IP address.
The major features are:
- DNS names and virtual hosts enumeration
- Multiple discovery techniques, to read more see documentation.
- Results correlation, aggregation and normalization
- Multithreaded and event based engine
- Platform independent
- Fully refactored and rewritten in Ruby.
- Removed whois.webhosting.info check due to captcha authentication.
- Removed domainsdb.net check because the website is down.
- Fixed brute forcing of DNS names with multiple A records.
- User requested interrupt (CTRL+C) now is handled.
- Added Rakefile to automatize task. For example readme and API documentation rebuilding.
- Changed info gathering plugin architecture. Now using PlugMan library.
- Added some host names to brute forcing dictionaries.
- Added parsing of alternate subject (subjectAltName) from X.509 certificates.
- Added info gathering plugin using dnshistory.org.
More Information: here
- Read the Documentation