hostmap v0.2.1 released
hostmap is a free, automatic, hostnames and virtual hosts discovery tool written in Ruby, licensed under GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3). It’s goal is to enumerate all hostnames and configured virtual hosts on an IP address. The primary users of hostmap are professionals performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
hostmap helps you using several techniques to enumerate all the hostnames associated with an IP address.
The major features are:
- DNS names and virtual hosts enumeration
- Multiple discovery techniques, to read more see documentation.
- Results correlation, aggregation and normalization
- Multithreaded and event based engine
- Platform independent
- Fixed handling of Errno::ECONNRESET in SSL certificate plugin.
- Upgraded net-dns to latest version from git repository.
- Fixed traceback on Mac OSX due to net-dns bug.
- Added check to enumerate host names with DNS TLD expansion.
- Added —print-maltego to get output in Maltego XML format.
- Fixed the exception handling architecture, now unknown exceptions that can be raised on not supported system are handled.
- Fixed traceback on FreeBSD due to raising of different exceptions.
- Added Metasploit auxiliary module in extra folder.
- Added validation of -t option, if it isn’t an IP address hostmap is stopped.
- Added enumeration plugin timeout, by default at 10 minutes. Can be changed with user supplied —timeout option.
- Moved website from http://hostmap.sourceforge.net to http://hostmap.lonerunners.net
- Added warning message to fix traceback if missing libopenssl-ruby.
More Information: here
- Read the Documentation