Wireshark 1.2.0pre1 Released
WiresharkÂ® is the worldâ€™s most popular network protocol analyzer. It has a rich and powerful feature set and runs on most computing platforms including Windows, OS X, Linux, and UNIX. Network professionals, security experts, developers, and educators around the world use it regularly. It is freely available as open source, and is released under the GNU General Public License version 2
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 1.0:
- Wireshark has a spiffy new start page.
- Display filters now autocomplete.
- A 64-bit Windows (x64) installer is now provided.
- Support for the c-ares resolver library has been added. It has many advantages over ADNS.
- Many new protocol dissectors and capture file formats have been added (see below for a complete list).
- Macintosh OS X support has been improved.
- GeoIP database lookups.
- OpenStreetMap + GeoIP integration.
- Improved PostscriptÂ® print output.
- The preference handling code is now much smarter about changes
|WireShark - Ethereal|