[Update] WireShark v1.2.1 available
WiresharkÂ® is the worldâ€™s most popular network protocol analyzer. It has a rich and powerful feature set and runs on most computing platforms including Windows, OS X, Linux, and UNIX. Network professionals, security experts, developers, and educators around the world use it regularly. It is freely available as open source, and is released under the GNU General Public License version 2
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated) since version 1.0:
- Wireshark has a spiffy new start page.
- Display filters now autocomplete.
- A 64-bit Windows (x64) installer is now provided.
- Support for the c-ares resolver library has been added. It has many advantages over ADNS.
- Many new protocol dissectors and capture file formats have been added.
- Macintosh OS X support has been improved.
- GeoIP database lookups.
- OpenStreetMap + GeoIP integration.
- Improved Postscript(R) print output.
- The preference handling code is now much smarter about changes.
- Support for Pcap-ng, the next-generation capture file format.
- Support for process information correlation via IPFIX.
- Column widths are now saved.
- The last used configuration profile is now saved.
- Protocol preferences are changeable from the packet details context menu.
- Support for IP packet comparison.
- Capinfos now shows the average packet rate.
|WireShark - Ethereal|