Sara vulnerability scanner updated to 7.8.1
The Security Auditor’s Research Assistant (SARA) is a third generation network security analysis tool that is:
- Operates under Unix, Linux, MAC OS/X or Windows (through coLinux) OS’.
- Integrates the National Vulnerability Database (NVD).
- Performs SQL injection tests.
- Performs exhaustive XSS tests
- Can adapt to many firewalled environments.
- Support remote self scan and API facilities.
- Used for CIS benchmark initiatives
- Plug-in facility for third party apps
- CVE standards support
- Enterprise search module
- Standalone or daemon mode
- Free-use open SATAN oriented license
- Updated twice a month (we try)
- User extension support
- Based on the SATAN model
- added DNS test for regressive lookups
- added DNS test for cache poisoning
- added tutorials
- fixed tutorials
- added additional logic to smb.sara to protect domain accounts