SandCat Web Scanner 3.0.4 released
Sandcat allows web administrators to perform aggressive and comprehensive scans of an organizationâ€™s web server to isolate vulnerabilities and identify security holes. The Sandcat scanner requires basic inputs such as host names, start URLs and port numbers to scan a complete web site and test all the web applications for security vulnerabilities.
Provides more than 30,000 security checks for all leading web server platforms
- a target server can be local or remote
- Scans for SANS Top Twenty vulnerabilities (C3)
- Allows to specifically scan for SANS Top 20 vulnerabilities
- Allows to perform destructive and non-destructive scans
- Tests intrusion detection systems (Syhunt Sandcat Scanner was recently used to test the detection capabilities of a few appliances.
- Supports OSVDB, NVD and CVE
- Supports multithreaded scanning of web servers, with a configurable number of parallel requests
- Automatically discovers and analyzes the serverâ€™s configuration to determine which tests are needed
- Includes a Baseline Security Scanner â€” ensures security against outdated server software