Paglo IT Search and Management released for beta testers
The Paglo Crawler is an open source supersearcher â€” an agent that probes your network for devices and other IT assets, and discovers everything about them. The Crawler is part of Paglo, the first search engine for IT, a tool that specializes in searching the complex and varied data of IT networks, and in returning intelligent data in both simple text and rich quantitative form. The data that the Crawler finds is visible through a secure Paglo Web account, which is also open source. A single Paglo Crawler can be installed to probe an entire enterprise network.
As beta testers we have received a download notification from Paglo INC to evaluate the free IT search and management software Paglo Crawler.
This software really rocks. I was able to get any information from any device at a glance. It is really like a google for IT.
Here is the description we can read in Paglo site.
Paglo finds what no other search engine can find: IT assets. That includes the characteristics of devices on the network, such as type, configuration, and what other devices are connected. That kind of information about a network isn’t collected neatly into documents that you can hunt for. If it was, Google could find it. But you know how it is â€” as soon as you document something in IT, it changes!
Paglo finds this kind of information by sending the Crawler through the network and communicating with each device. No need for hours of manual data entry to document. And Paglo works continuously. The Paglo Crawler does its crawling over and over again, which keeps the data it collects fresh. It automatically self-updates.
The Paglo Crawler stores the information that it gathers throughout your network in your private Paglo Search Index, in a separate and unassailable location that only you have access to. When you log in to your Paglo account, you get all the data that’s yours, and only the data that’s yours. And you’re the only one who has access to it. Your login is the key â€” no one else can see your data unless you give them your login password.
We have also made the Crawler extendable so you can develop your own plugins to collect additional IT data or use existing add-ons that are available to the community.
Features of the Paglo Crawler:
- IT’s Free! â€” Free, network search agent that crawls the enterprise network for device and IT asset data
- Open Source â€” Anyone can download the source code from our Subversion repository
- Extendable â€” We encourage you to develop plugins to extend the type of IT data that the Crawler can capture
- Powerful â€” Employs unique scanning and probing techniques for discovering devices and other IT assets, and identifying their unique characteristics
- Easy â€” Installs in minutes via free download, and provides rich and sophisticated data visible in browser through a secure Web account