OPHcrack 2.3.4 released
Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a GTK+ Graphical User Interface and runs on Windows, Mac OS X (Intel CPU) as well as on Linux.
- Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (intel).
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables available for alphanumeric LM hashes.
- Loads hashes from local SAM, remote SAM.
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition
LiveCD flavor exists too.
The ophcrack LiveCD contains a full linux system (SLAX), ophcrack for linux and rainbow tables for alphanumerical passwords.
The liveCD cracks passwords automatically, no installation necessary, no admin passwort necessary (as long as you can boot from cd