Nmap 5.10BETA1 released
Nmap ("Network Mapper") is a free open source utility for network exploration or security auditing. It was designed to rapidly scan large networks, although it works fine against single hosts. Nmap uses raw IP packets in novel ways to determine what hosts are available on the network, what services (application name and version) those hosts are offering, what operating systems (and OS versions) they are running, what type of packet filters/firewalls are in use, and dozens of other characteristics. Nmap runs on most types of computers and both console and graphical versions are available. Nmap is free and open source (license).
- 14 new NSE scripts, bringing the total to 72!
- A brand new (much faster and more efficient) —traceroute system
- The Zenmap host filter (Ctrl-L) for drilling down to the exact
systems you want to see in a big scan based on the criteria you
specify. For example, type "apache" to see all the hosts running a
version of the Apache web server.
- UDP protocol-specific payloads make UDP scanning and host discovery
much more effective.
- And more than 100 other significant changes!