L0phtCrack 6.0.6 released
L0phtCrack is a password auditing and recovery application (now called L0phtCrack 6), originally produced by Mudge from L0pht Heavy Industries. It is used to test password strength and sometimes to recover lost Microsoft Windows passwords, by using dictionary, brute-force, hybrid attacks, and rainbow tables. It was one of the crackersâ€™ tools of choice, although most use old versions because of its price and low availability.
Changelog since release 6.0.0
- v6.0.6 : Resolve importing problems with keysets.
- v6.0.5 : Fixes scheduling issue where resulting save files would restart scheduled run.
- v6.0.4 : Fixes multi-core distribution problem, and a crashing issue caused by the licensing system. Some minor UI improvements as well.
- v6.0.3 : Fixes a problem with loading saved session files.
- v6.0.2 : Resolve issues with licensing system
- v6.0.1 : First attempt to fix issues with licensing system
- v6.0.0 : Initial release