FireCAT 1.5 released
FireCAT (Firefox Catalog of Auditing exTension) is a mindmap collection of the most efficient and useful firefox extensions oriented application security auditing and assessment
FireCAT 1.5 will be the last release of this 1.x branch. In fact, we are working on a new improved version 2.0 (management of plugins, instant download from security-database, ability to add new extension, extension version checker, Firefox 3.X compatible extensions..)
Changes for FireCAT 1.5
- New sub-category added "Anti Phising / Pharming / Jacking" under "Misc"
- Renamed category "Network utilities" to "Network tools"
- Added new sub-category "Protocols/Application" under "Network tools"
- Added sub-category "Passwords" under "Network tools"
- TraceAssure added in "Misc -> Anti Phishing"
- Added Surf Jacking Cookie Security Inspector in "Misc->Anti phishing /pharming/jacking" : This extension is based on Sandro Gauci’s paper
- Added entry Exploit-Me Suite in category "Security auditing"
- Access-Me added in "Security auditing -> Exploit-Me Suite"
- Added DNS Unpinning in "Network tools -> Protocols/application"
- Added UnhidePassword in "Network tools -> Passwords"
- Added BestSecurityTip in IT Security Related
- Fixed links to SQL Inject-Me and XSS-Me
- Moved Database extensions (ORACLE, SQL, SQLite, MySQL) to "Network->Protocols/Application"